Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thoughts

Here are some various thoughts:

Legislative, judicial, executive branch members of government should not be allowed to take any money or material from lobbyists, PACs or other third party organizations. Members of congress fight viciously to stay in goverment jobs that pays less than a private sector job. Why? Power and prestige and corruption at times. We need to bring back the concept of citizen legislators.

Too many religions teach animosity, greed and false doctrine. To check, does the religion teach contentment as denoted in my previous post. Hebrews 13:5 reads "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."

Does the religion teach there are multiple ways to God? John 14:6 reads "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jude 1:3-4 reads "Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints. For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home