Monday, October 27, 2008

COVETING

What ever happens next week in the election, pray for our country. Pray that we will be pleasing to God. Pray that we will be constuctive and united. Pray for wisdom prior to voting.

Our politicians are playing down to our basest elements. They play to our greed and try to get us to covet others wealth.

Hebrews 13:5 reads "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."

Should this not be sufficient, to be employed, to work for our income. Why should I receive any money from my government that came from a person who has worked harder than I have or persevered through a longer education than I have. It is corrosive to society to tell people to penalize others with a different standard than they would have for themselves. It corrupts the system.

Be true to God. Be patient and content. Work hard. Love your neighbor as yourself.

Even your wealthy neighbor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home