Friday, September 19, 2008

MISC. STUFF

This morning the stock market is rising fast on news of more government bailouts. I am the farthest from being a financial expert, but I hope the federal government is not expending money for short term gain resulting in long term troubles.

I worry the financail markets and companies have become so bloated and possibly corrupt that throwing money at them now to prop them up will only push the problem down the street. I worry that the abrupt rise in the market after a terrible week of losses is only the reaction of the financial companies that they don't have to address their issues now. They can continue as business as usual because the government will bail them out.

On a more upbeat note, earlier this week I was fortunate to work with some of the teenagers at my church. If anyone is pessimistic about the youth of today I encourage you to visit your local church and see the segment of the youth culture that is not given exposure in the media. The teenagers in my church are just fantastic, they are more composed than I was at their age. The event at which I was allowed to interact with them was a community service opportunity at a local secular institution. They are tremendous young adults eager to be positive and help others. If other churches have youth groups anything like ours, rest easy in the country's future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home